Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tax returns and the two evil politicians


Now I will be continuing my fun filled history. I will even get more into my political background and opinions. But I’m going to step in early with a topic that has seen annoying me during this campaign. The releasing of Mitt Romney’s tax returns. Obama’s campaign has asked he release the last 10 years of his tax returns. On Friday August 17th, Obama’s campaign asked he only release the last 5 years. The exact quote from Jim Messina is:

"So I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the Governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more - neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-campaign-romney-release-years-tax-returns-ll-call-truce-tax-issue-article-1.1138398#ixzz23pQTvkUf

My personal opinion on Romney releasing 5 years or 10 years is: I DON’T CARE!!!!! Releasing tax returns, in my opinion will have no basis on why a person should be elected president. The releasing of Tax returns has been a role in past elections. And knowing the outcomes of the elections, the releasing of tax forms seems to have no merit on who wins.


Obama’s campaign is going to use the tactic throughout the campaign. Obviously their hope is the Romney is so secretive that your only choice is Obama. This in my opinion is a horrible reason for someone to win.
To say because he is hiding secrets from the public, he is unfit to be a president. Last I checked, the government holds plenty of secrets from the public. So that sounds more like a reason to have Romney as President, he can hide secrets and stand behind it.
I have read about secrets from the past of Obama that have not been released. The biggest one, in which some have said Romney should pressure Obama, is about his College years. Based on a recent contact on Sean Hannity, his sealed documents hold a new conspiracy to Obama’s past.


To me, the demanding for tax returns from democrats is creating a group of democrats that are acting like the republican birther’s. I hated the still ongoing controversy of Barack Obama’s birth certificate. No matter how many people view it, people will constantly think he was not born in Hawaii. Even if Romney gets elected, and he doesn’t release his past returns. Democrats will attack that fact through his 4 year term, it’s a guarantee.

With all these “horrible secrets” that the candidates are hiding, maybe I should look to ads to help me see their ideas for presidency. Seems like the legit thing to do. But one slight problem, I can barely find any. Why? Because both sides seem to be on their way to having another big smear-mest. Both sides are attacking each other without revealing much of what they plan to do for the next 4 years. Now, I think it seems like I am over exaggerating, but 50,984 negative ads over a 2 week period seems high to me.


Now, 50,984 ads do not seem like a lot, but let’s break it down:

1,529,520 seconds
25,492 minutes
424 hours
There are 366 hours in a 2 week period.
So, for a 2 week period, there was an ad starting less than every minute. So no matter at what point of time during that 2 weeks, and ad was playing for someone. What’s worse is that most ads are not played in all 50 states. They are played mostly in swing states. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

With non stop attacks ads, I don’t know which one to vote for. The rich millionaire politician who wants to destroy America with his secrets. Or the other rich millionaire politician who wants to destroy America with his secrets. Decisions, decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment